Sunday, July 8, 2012

Iced Coffe & Lunch

Right now:

  • I'm sipping a wonderfully delicious iced coffee
  • Levi is eating pumpernickel toast, goat cheese, apple sauce & almonds for lunch
  • The Muppets are on TV
  • The MR is pulling apart my entire Volvo trying to fix my squeaky dash
  • It is GORGEOUS outside and I'm planning what our afternoon will hold (Trip to the lake??)
Tonight we will have a detailed discussion about discipline/rules of the house to begin enforcing with our 2 year old. I'm afraid he has entered the terrible two's. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that label. I think I will refer to this time as "Levi's fight for independence". I do hate all the scoldings and constantly telling him "NO!" but I can only hope we are doing the right thing for him. I want him to be sweet & lovely. My hope is that if we lay down the rules and be consistent with consequences when he breaks them that he will move past this phase quickly and with flying colors.

Also, I have pondering our way of life. Where we live, HOW we live, what we eat, our general attitudes about life. I so wish I could hop into an issue of Kinfolk and live there. It seems so wonderful. Simple gatherings with family and friends, fresh food, beautiful surroundings, animals, gardens. "Oh Darling, lets be adventurers" is pinned by everyone I know, but who really lives like this? I think I used to, but lately....? I get bored so easily when life becomes mundane.

Anyway, here are my loves "sugglin" (snuggling) the other night

No comments:

Post a Comment