Friday, July 6, 2012

First Blog Post

Well, here it is. THE first post. It's funny because I do almost everything in life on a whim. If it's not on a whim I talk myself out of it or become bored with the idea and erase it from my mind before it ever happens. All that to say, the other night I thought I should start a new blog. Not tell anyone about it, not plaster it on my FB page, but create a place that I can send my thoughts out into the universe and hope that by publishing those said thoughts, dreams, wishes, maybe some truth or validation will come to my words.

It's my challenge to take 5 minutes everyday (or almost everyday) to ponder my life, this world, the people I love. Maybe put out some gratitude and appreciate these things I have.

Truth is all I ask of myself. Usually I don't bring truth. I bring fun, happy, lightness, joy but truth is something deeper that I would love to express. To see if that soul is deep down there. I like to keep it hidden and in the dark. This is me practicing coming into the light.

Right now I'm feeling:
  • Totally bummed & confused because I've been fighting with the MR for 3 days
  •  Defeated because my 2 year old is a beast. Hitting, scratching,head butting, screaming and pulling my hair if I say or do anything he doesn't like.
  • Happy to be drinking a Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale
  • Relieved that it's Friday...I've been home for 2 days and still have 2 days ahead of me.
  • Beyond excited that my sister-in-law and family are moving to Minneapolis in 3 1/2 weeks! 
  • A smile creep across my face listening to a little boy singing the opening song from The Lion King (lots of African words) at the TOP of his lungs

No comments:

Post a Comment